Saturday, September 19, 2009

Minor Prophets and Life: Do they matter?

I really enjoy teaching the class on the Minor Prophets. I REALLY enjoy teaching the class on the Minor Prophets. Do you get it?? The Minor Prophets, so far Hosea, Amos, and Micah, are extremely relevant to the world we live in. If the Church read them and took their message to heart she would either be a) really ticked off or b) ready to repent and take God seriously. Take Micah for example. in 6.6 the prophet says "With what shall I come to the LORD And bow myself before the God on high? Shall I come to Him with burnt offerings, With yearling calves?" The prophets continually challenge the ancient Judahites and Israelites who thought that proper religious activity was sufficient to please their God. But God is more concerned with how they are treating others.

What would the world be like if the Church took option b?

No comments:

Post a Comment