Sunday, August 23, 2015

New school year, new opportunities

My neighbor sent his only child away to college. So, too, did my brother-in-law, my wife's cousin, and a good friend. Many of my best (and thus oldest) friends are now empty nesters! So what does that mean? TIME MARCHES ON! 
A new school year begins, hopefully many neurons will form permanent connections in young brains and actual learning will occur. I recognize that learning is not foremost in the minds of so many eighteen year olds. However, that isn't entirely their fault. But I was once told that you are only living if you learn at least one new thing each day.
So, then, learning is not limited to the students. I get excited at the open pallete that presents itself this time of year. Who yet knows what life will be shaped by a word, an idea, a conversation? All learning asks is that "I" be active rather than passive.

Are you excited to learn a new "neuron connection" today?

No comments:

Post a Comment